Welcome to C# and .NET! We'll spend this course section unpacking concepts from the pre-work and familiarizing ourselves with C# development in general. We'll dive deeper into object-oriented programming, C# tools, and build console applications.
Independent Project Objectives
At the end of this section, you will complete an independent project. Your code will be reviewed for the following objectives:
- Code includes two custom classes and uses namespaces.
- Console application works correctly.
- Application correctly uses auto-implemented properties.
- Classes should include methods for determining the price of an order.
- Models are thoroughly tested.
- Project is in a polished, portfolio-quality state.
- The prompt’s required functionality and baseline project requirements are in place by the deadline.
- Logic is easy to understand.
- Variable names are clear and descriptive.
- A well-formatted README with a description of the program, setup instructions, a copyright, a license, the GitHub URL of your repo, and your name has been included.
- The project includes regular commits with clear messages that finish the phrase "This commit will...".
- Code has proper indentation and spacing.